Sunday, January 11, 2009

Blog Assignment #1

1. How would you have explained the meaning of the term "ethics", before taking this class?
- Before entering this course, I felt that the meaning of the term "ethics" was how people viewed ideas or situations to be either right or wrong, depending on their values.
2. What are some of your deepest held values?
- Some of my deepest held values is my family and my friends. I am very thankful for all of them being in my life and take into deep consideration and thought the advice that I am given from them. My family has brought me up and supported me to the person that I am today and my friends are my backbones. They have helped me out in some of my toughest situations that I have faced.
3. What are some main principles you try to live your life by?
- Some of the main principles that I try to live my life by are:
1. Treat and respect others as I would like to be treated.
2. Value everyday that is given to you, because you never know when one day could be your last.
3. Work hard and play harder.
4. And to be thankful for everything that I have received in my life. Because there are moments where I realize that nothing in life is just given to you. You have to work hard to get what you want.
4. What moral qualities do you look for in others?
- When it comes to qualities in others, I try to look for the basic. That they are kind, respectful, that they don't take things too too seriously and that they can laugh at a joke every now then. There are moments in our life where we just need to laugh! =)
5. How were your values and principles developed?
- My values and principles were developed through my parents and older siblings. through them, they have taught me right from wrong and have encouraged and supported me through everything that I have encountered.
6. How have your values and principles changed throughout your life so far?
- My principles and values haven't changed much through my life. The only thing is that I try not to make quick judgments about certain things or situations. I still believe and stick to certain morals, but have also loosened up on a few.
7. Out of 25 points, how many points do you feel your work on this assignment deserves? Justify your answer.
- 25 for sure! I felt that I was completely honest with all of my answers and supported them with enough detail and explanation.

No comments:

Post a Comment